25 February 2011

Friday Fragments - Highlights Of My Week

Mommy's Idea
Thursday evening, I ran my first 5K in almost a year. It was on the treadmill at the gym, but hey, it was 5K! I did it in 39 minutes, not including my warm up and cool down. Toward the end of April I will be participating in SparkPeople's Virtual 5K. My goal is to be able to run that race in 20 minutes or less. Now that I know I can do it at a 4.7 on the treadmill {and the last 3 laps about killed me!}, I have a plan to increase my speed a little each week to get to where I need to be. Saturday, I will run at a 5.0 for two miles {one mile each with 5 minutes of walking in between}, and by next Saturday, I hope to be able to increase that to 5.2 or 5.3! I am excited, and it feels so good to be able to run.

I have decided that while I am on the 17 Day Diet {and probably beyond}, I am going to weigh on Friday and Tuesday mornings, just to make sure I am keeping on track. Today, I was down to 163.2, this is a {1.8} pound drop from Tuesday morning. Not as much as I'd like it to be but I must be happy that it is not a gain.

I am doing awesome on the diet! My cravings are going away {I still would really love to have a turkey sandwich for lunch now and then}, and I'm finding that I get fuller much faster, and have the willpower to STOP eating when I feel myself getting full. It's amazing! I am starting day 12 today. Next Wednesday will be my final day of Cycle 1! Then only 34 days to go before I have finished my first round. Depending on how much I have left to lose at the end, I may do it again, or just keep on with the learned eating habits. If I just keep on with "Cycle 4", then I get a "weekend pass" to eat {almost} anything I want Friday night through Sunday night. I am so going to make and eat the brownies that have been sitting in my cupboard for 3 weeks now!

I attended my first Zumba class on Wednesday! It was amazing and so much fun! But, I am not much of a dancer, and was focused too much on getting the moves right that I know I didn't work as hard as I could and should have. Not sure if I will make it Saturday, but I am definitely going back next Wednesday morning. It was fun, and I love Jessica! Someday, I'll be as skinny as you. =)



Rockin' out to Earshot with the kiddos and hearing them sing along! Makes a Momma proud. Someday, I will meet Wil, and share a beer with him. We will have all the conversations we've had so many times in my head, and it will be the 5th best day of my life! {Getting married and having my wonderful babies take up the first 4 spots.}

I am almost ready to begin working on my novel again. I have had some very deep conversations with a few of my characters {still have a couple left to go through} and I'm feeling confident that this is going to be a great book! I mean, just a few days ago, I didn't know that one of my minor characters {who became a bigger part of the story} would have been adopted into an amazing family and only fell apart after losing the mother who adopted him!? It's amazing!

I went grocery shopping this week on only $250!! That is awesome for me considering my usual grocery bill is closer to $500. With Hubby and I both on our diets, we are eating much healthier and I filled the cart with fruits and veggies that will last us the next 2 weeks. Sure, I'll probably have to buy another gallon of milk, and possibly more bread, but that doesn't cost too much.

We {I} are working on getting J into cloth diapers full time. I am excited about this. I also have a wonderful new baby website to share with you all. I am just waiting for my product to come in for review. I promise you are going to love it!

Well, I hope you all have a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Bill Lisleman said...

Thanks for the intro to Earshot.
Your novel development is interesting. I'm always getting these ideas for stories or movies and didn't do much with them until I realized some of the ideas could be shared on my blog. Writing creative (IMHO) posts is hard enough. I don't think I could produce anything like the length of a book.
I'm a follower now.

Claudya Martinez said...

So proud of you and your 5K! 5K is 5K whether its in the gym or not.

Amy said...

I have about 3 books in my head. I really need to take the time to start at least one. Good for you!

How often do you grocery shop? $500 seems crazy to me, but if it's for a whole month, that's not so nutty.

Are you very active on SparkPeople? I have an acct, but don't do much with it. That could be why I'm still fat ;0