07 February 2011

All We Need Is Love Challenge Day One: Get Moving

For those of you who haven't read my Friday Fragments post, I mentioned a new challenge hosted by the SITS Girls. Well, this is the day that it starts, and this challenge's theme is all about LOVE.

Week one is focused on ourselves. As a woman and a mother, I know that there isn't nearly enough time in a day to get everything done, and spending even 5 minutes on ones self is the farthest thing from the mind. Well, that stops now!

Today's challenge is/was to get moving. Step away from the computer and do something that gets your blood flowing. Take a walk, go for a bike ride, head to the gym, anything qualifies. If snow and cold weather is keeping you indoors, no problem! Sit on the floor and stretch, wrestle with a loved one, dance, play a game of Twister...you get the idea.

Well, that is something I have been working on. And yet again today, I got up and to the gym! I did 28 minutes on the Elliptical {had to change a diaper so my time got cut a little short}, and 40 minutes walking/jogging on the treadmill. A total of 660 calories burnt for the day.

What did you do today that was active and just for you?




No comments: