04 March 2011

Friday Fragments - Not A Whole Lot

Mommy's Idea
It's been a tough week for me. I have been physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually exhausted. I can't quite figure out why...

I finished up the first cycle of the 17 Day Diet. I would love to tell you all that it was amazing and that I rocked it. But that would be a lie. The last few days were hard and I have had some cravings that I have totally given into. With all the emotional crap I've been feeling and it almost being that time of the month, it has been hard. I did manage to lose 10 pounds for the month of February though, so it wasn't a total fail. I am trying to get back on track with Cycle 2, but it is proving to be a bit of a challenge. My goal is to lose 40 pounds in the next 4 months. I'm going to Vegas the end of June and need to be skinny for it. I can totally do 10 pounds a month, but I can't keep having these slip ups, so it's frustrating.

I did test my running earlier this week. I just wanted to see how far I could go. I started at a 5.0, then bumped it up to 5.3 - 5.5 - 5.7 - and finally a 6.0. I ran almost 2 miles {not straight}. I could only do about a lap and a half at 6.0 {a 10 minute mile} and I have to get up to at least a 6.3, but I know I can do it! It actually felt better to run at a 6.0 then it did at a 4.7. I am going to get my eating on track the rest of this week, then hit the treadmill again on Monday morning and try and get at least a mile in at 6.0. I have about 5 weeks to go.

I've been trying to work on my book, but it hasn't been going well. I have gone through a few pages, and have made some notes, but no real writing has gone on.

Sorry for a downer post, guys! I'm going to take the weekend off, work on some writing, some cleaning, and some crochet and come back Monday with a new view and a smile!

Have an awesome weekend!

No comments: