10 February 2011

A Revelation!

Yesterday wasn't such a great day {diet-wise}. But it made me realize a few things that I have been needing to realize for a long time now.

First, water is essential! Lately, I have been drinking 6-8 glasses {3-4 18 oz bottles} of water before making it to the gym in the afternoon, then another 2-4 glasses between the gym and bedtime. Yesterday, I brought my water with me in the morning, drank the first bottle, and left it in the car all day. By the time I got to the gym, I'd only had that one bottle of water for the day.

Second, fast food is bad food. Now, these seem like obvious things, right!? Well, I decided since it was payday, I would get the kids lunch after K got out of school. I had planned on McDonald's so I could have a salad. Well, my brother came over to do his taxes and talked the kids into Burger King. Burger King does have salads, but they are not worth the $4.99 they charge for them. Instead, I ordered a steakhouse burger... My worst decision of the day. It didn't even taste good, gave me a 1,660 calorie lunch and made me feel like crap the rest of the day.

My total calories for the day were just over 2,500 {almost another days worth of calories!}, and I had to make a half-assed effort at the gym just to make it through my workout. I still did an hour on the Elliptical {burnt a little over 600 calories} and 20 minutes on the Treadmill {running 0.75 miles}, but I was not happy with my effort or my day overall.

There was still a calorie deficit, although it was a very small one, so it wasn't a total waste, but I know I can do much better.

Today, I have picked myself up, have already had 4 glasses of water, and a good breakfast. I'm going to get 30 Day Shred in and {hopefully} a few Pilates sessions from my 10 Minute Solutions DVD in before the gym this afternoon. And, I've got a house to clean, laundry to do, and kids and myself to get packed for mine and Hubby's getaway tomorrow!

No comments: