20 February 2011

A Novel Idea

I pulled out an old novel of mine last night. {Yet untitled, because I've changed it 3 times and still am not happy with it.}

Well, I was watching Stay, which is a movie I watched through a great deal of the "good" writing days on this novel. This prompted me to pull out what I have done of this novel and read through it last night. While it is good and I feel very strongly toward these characters, it needs major work, holes filled in and pieces put together.

I will have this novel completed and edited and I will be in the process of looking for an agent/publisher by the time I start on NaNoWriMo 2011. I must commit to at least 30 minutes a day of writing time. My family and home shouldn't suffer too much, right!?

Needless to say, I am excited to finally return to this novel and to get to working on it. Since it has been a little over a year since I have seriously revisited it, though. I need to have some sit downs with the characters and re-connect with them. And there are a lot of them {both major and minor characters}, so that's what this week will be spent doing.

Next week, I will {hopefully} be ready to start on the actual {re}construction of the novel. I am so horrible with beginnings it's not eve funny! The first couple chapters of this novel are so horrible, I many need some help from the much better writers in my world. {Hint, Hint!}

How is your weekend going {almost forgot it is a 3-Day for most of us}?

No comments: