28 January 2011

Friday Fragments

Mommy's Idea
Welcome to another Fragmented Friday {much like my brain these days...}. If you would like to join in, head over to Half-Past Kissin' Time.

This week has been spent in a house full of sick kids. I think we're finally on the end of it. I can only hope, we have Little E's birthday tomorrow, and it sucks always being sick for it.

Little E turns 3 years old on Saturday {Jan. 29}. Oh, how I cannot believe he is 3 already! All my babies are growing up way too fast! Only 15 days after E's birthday, J will be a whole year old!

Okay, this is going to be a little bragging time {cuz, really... Who doesn't love to brag about their own kids?}. E, at only 3 years old, has taught himself his alphabet {he recognizes all upper- and lower-case letters, and knows the sounds they make}, has started writing his letters, can count to 20, and 10 in Spanish. I have sat down with him {after realizing what he was teaching himself} and worked on a few things, but most of this he has done on his own. He completely amazes me!

After 2 1/2 weeks, we finally have a new furnace! My poor landlord, before we move out of here, he's gonna end up with a brand new house! This summer, he put a new roof up. It was greatly needed and has helped with the heating bill. Now, with this new, more energy efficient furnace, I'm excited to see what the bill will be. Now, we just need a new, energy efficient water heater and new windows and we'd be set.

You, know... I really hate having a small kitchen. Or maybe it's all the appliances I should be disliking? We have a 7 qt. crock pot, a fryer {bleh!} and now a Jack LaLanne Power Juicer that have no homes. There is no counter space for them, and no cupboard space to store them, so for now, they are stuck on top of the washer or on the floor by the back door. When we finally buy a house, it will have a monstrous kitchen!

Well, it's been a short and eventless week, this week. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

Wow, E!!! Good going. I'd be bragging, too.

The Crazy Coxes said...

Brag away!!!! That is awesome! Happy Birthday to E. I hope everyone is feeling better for the party!

Doreen McGettigan said...

What a smart little guy! Happy Birthday :)
Small kitchens are awful. We are about to knock a wall down in ours to make it bigger I will hate the mess but will love the result.
Have a great week...

http://www.doreenmcgettigan.com